God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr






Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November



Wow! Happy November 1st! Is it really November already? LOL. Times have seen to slip by so fast. It has been seven months since I returned and in that seven months life has been quite a journey. I spent six months job searching, hoping to find a permanent position and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. Job searching is very, and I mean very difficult. The long hours use for writing cover letter and modifying a resume is tiresome. The struggles of looking for a position that fits your qualification, and the sleepless nights you have hoping you get a call back.  Employers seem to hire those who are experience so those who are fresh out of college are sometime out of luck. With the support of my family and the help of a staffing agency I finally found a job at long last. I am waiting for my background check to clear so I can start working. YES! I am anxious to start working - to get a source of income and to start paying for my bills. Life is about education, working, paying bills, and making the best in between.

I don’t like the ultimate surprise of unknown interview questions. I guess I’m not good with interview and I get nervous when I don’t know what to expect. Anyhow, I went to an interview a week ago, and I thought I did well. Sadly, the position was offer to someone else. A week later I went to another interview and thought that I didn’t do well. The interview questions were difficult and quite a challenge answer. It involved critical thinking (which I lack lol). However, I heard from the staffing agency that the interviewer thought I did a great job. That’s AWESOME!! And YES I was offer the job and YES I took it. ^^ Although, it is not related to what I have planned, I am open to exploring new opportunities. I believe this opportunity will strengthen who I am as an individual.

Currently listening to Switchfoot – This is your Life. My favorite parts:
This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lo

Very interesting quote my friend gave me. “I trust you is better than I love you because you may not always trust the person you love, but you can always love the person you trust.”

I guess I am taking it slow today. My parents took my car to the auto shop to get new tires. I’m here writing this blog, drinking tear, and eating a snicker. ^^