God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr






Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random

Desk-warming today and since I  don’t have anything to do, I decided to do random research and will post what I find.

A close friend told me that based on a psychological study, a crush only lasts for a maximum of 4 months. If it exceeds, you are already in love. I have to admit this is interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What kind of person are you?
Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest... Not a person who takes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expect the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over it if that trust is ever broken.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love Quotes / Saying
"In love,expect absence at some point.  You need to give each other space to breath and to do other things for your own life.  Having some new stories to share makes it more worthwhile.  You know it's true love, when he has seen all the beautiful persons in the world yet comes back to you, because he knows where his heart belongs.. "

When God knows you’re READY for the responsibility of commitment
He’ll reveal the right person under the right circumstances
Wait patiently
Don’t waste your time searching and wishing
Grow and be ready and you’ll see
God will give you a love story far better than you could ever dream of

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

"My heart didn’t break into a thousand pieces after he left. Instead, I realized all the things he didn’t do. He didn’t want to hear my stories, he didn’t ask me questions, he didn’t smile when I was talking to him, he didn’t hug me out of the blue to make me feel good. His hugs were always a preamble of something else, and after he was gone, I wondered if he even knew me at all."

"The worst feeling in the world is being wrong about someone you thought you knew."

"You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

"Everyone says that love hurts, but thats not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Everyone confuses these things with love, but in reality, love is the only thing in the world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again"

"All our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope. All the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there’s someone perfect who might be searching for us."

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes…just be an illusion."

"Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. The boy don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right guy to come along, the one who’s brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree."

"Love is just a chemical, no matter the origin. We give it meaning by choice."

“Sometimes, a heart cannot afford to 'just be friends.”

"Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you're never apart, you'll never really know how strong your love is." -Unknown

"You'll know that it's love when you keep on saying goodbye all the time, yet you always find reasons to come back to that person over and over again." –Unknown

"What's so tragic about finally finding your other half is realizing if you ever lost them you'd never feel whole again."

"I know I’m not completely over him. He still crosses my mind several times a day, but with each one of those times, a feeling of contempt also passes through my heart. Maybe if this happens enough, my heart will become completely hardened to him and I’ll get to the point where he doesn’t affect me anymore."

"When you’re walking ahead of me, I’ll be there to follow you. When I’m walking ahead of you, I'll guide you. When we’re side by side, lets walk on the same path."

Source: Soompi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Horoscope of the Day: Your normal approach has for once not worked and left you in an awkward situation. Your customary problem solving strategy is not improving matters regardless of how much you try. An alternative would be to drop your usual tactic and try something new! Just by doing this you could find your way out of what seemed like an unsolvable state of affairs.