God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr






Monday, May 21, 2012

Time to Recharge and Prepare


Time to recharge….Time to prepare for the MTLE. I have successfully registered for the MTLE in July. I don’t know if I should feel excited or nervous. This means I have to really focus now. I can’t slack off like I used to in the past. In order for me to get where I want to be in the next five years, I have to take small steps at a time. Hopefully someday I’ll be there. ^^

After catching up on Supernatural, Flashpoints, and Vampire Diaries, I have been watching Numb3rs. It’s a show about using mathematics to solve mystery cases. Not bad. Kills time. It’s time to update my cover letter sometime this week.

Picture this. Go to the store and wait in line to purchase your items. Turns out you don’t have your wallet. Isn’t that a shame? Ugh. Well it happened to me today. I really thought that my wallet was in my purse. It was at home on my desk. You would think that with age, human are more capable to remember things. Apparently not all. LOL.

Reviewing my Educational Leadership book. I need to start learning again. Haha. Five examples if exemplary leaderships included: model the way, inspire a shared vision, challenge the process, enable others to act, and encourage the heart. To effectively model the behavior they expect others, leaders must first be clear about their guiding principles….Leaders must find their own voice, and then they must clearly and distinctively give voice to their values. Leaders inspire a shared vision. They gaze across the horizon of time, imagining the attractive opportunities that are in store when they and their constituents arrive at a distant destination…Leaders are pioneers –people who are willing to step out into the unknown. They search for opportunities to innovate, grow, and improve. Exemplary leaders enable others to act. They foster collaboration and build trust. Leaders encourage the heart of their constituents to carry on. Genuine acts of caring uplift the spirits and draw people forward.  It’s part of the leader’s job to show appreciation for people’s contributions and to create a culture of celebration.

Source:  Educational Leadership (Second Edition).